Turner Brothers is committed to offering dynamic job opportunities in concrete construction that allows you to experience growth from within. We are a family owned and operated business that strives to provide the highest quality concrete contracting services to our customers.
At Turner Brothers we pride ourselves on being the best concrete contractor in New England. To be the best, we need the best people. That’s why at Turner Brothers we pay top $ to our employees, as well as, offer the following:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Reports to: Project Superintendent
- Supports the place and finish of concrete pours to ensure that Safety, Quality, and Procedures are kept in accordance with ACI and company policy and standards. Complete every concrete pour ensuring that the total satisfaction of our customers and the goals of the company are achieved.
- Considerable experience is required with no less than 3 years’ experience as a Concrete Finisher. A self-motivated individual that is detail oriented with the ability to complete multiple tasks with consistency and accuracy. Exceptional follow-up skills are required, and the candidate should possess the ability to adapt to change or any weather changes. The capabilities to think ahead, identify and resolve potential problems. Must provide or be able to obtain ACI Finisher technician
- Ensure that proper safety equipment (PPE) is used for themselves and others in the finishing crew.
- Ensure consistent and superior workmanship that meets or exceeds customer expectations, finished correctly the first time.
- Spot-check elevations and depth during concrete placements, which can significantly affect slab tolerances and added cost to the project.
- Communicate with the Screed Operator to determine type of placement/finish, as required by the specifications of the project. (FF/FL)
- Continually be aware of weather conditions, timing of loads to prevent problems, and assure the specified concrete finish.
- Continually verify placed concrete for consistent slump, workability, and finish.
- Properly trained to operate, clean and maintain, all finishing equipment.
- Manage through leadership and effective communication.
- Motivate and inspire employees through positive reinforcement and prompt feedback on expected safety, quality, and productivity related goals.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to, or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs. We get stuff done!
Turner Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.